Here are a couple of ways to fix it (especially for iPhone / Huawei device users).
IF YOU ARE AN iPHONE SMARTPHONE USER:
The first possible solution is to turn the Location Privacy Settings to “Always” for the MyBump app:
If you have recently updated your iPhone iOS you might have received a prompt for MyBump app asking you if you would like to have your location settings running Always, Never or While Using the App. Before the setting allowed you to choose between “On” or “Off” for Location Services.
For iOS 10 or higher, you should have your Location Privacy Settings set to “Always”. You can check your settings by following the instructions below:
- Go to iOS Settings App
- Click on Privacy
- Tap Location Services
- Scroll down and select MyBump app
- Change access to ALWAYS
Note: The app will not track your location unless and until you press the TRACK button in the app, even though the setting is on “Always”. Once you press Stop Tracking, we will end tracking your location.
The second possible solution is to keep the Background App Refresh to Wi-Fi & Cellular Data for the MyBump app:
Having this feature turned off means that MyBump app will not be able to track your mileage while you are driving with your phone screen off or if you are on another app.
- Go to your iPhone's Settings.
- Click on General
- Tap on Background App Refresh.
- Select Wi-Fi & Cellular Data.
- Make sure that MyBump is ON for the Background Refresh App.
Note: If you enable Low Power Mode then Background App Refresh gets automatically disabled.
FOR ANDROID SMARTPHONE USERS:
First, ensure that you have enabled GPS on your Android device and for our app. Instructions on how to do this are below.
- Enter the Settings app.
- Select Location and ensure that it is enabled and that you have elected to use GPS, Wi-Fi, and mobile networks. Enabling all three or selecting High Accuracy mode is required for accurate tracking.
- From the Settings app, select the Date and time item and ensure the Automatic date and time and Automatic time zone checkboxes are checked.
When you first install the MyBump app, we will ask your permission to use Location Services. Double-check this permission has been granted by:
- Enter your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Apps to view a list of applications you have installed.
- Scroll to MyBump and select the app.
- Tap Permissions
- Make sure that Location is toggled on.
Some Android devices will include different options in order to prolong battery life, so please make sure that the app is not affected. Follow the manufactures procedures in order to allow apps to access your GPS and run in the background.
Note: Depending on your phone model the steps may vary, but they are more or less the same.
FOR HUAWEI SMARTPHONE USERS:
This applies for most Android devices too, although the steps may be slightly different.
Usually, Huawei's battery optimization is the cause of MyBump's GPS Tracker not functioning properly. To change the settings:
- Go to Settings on your Huawei device.
- Select Apps.
- Tap Settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Special Access.
- Select Ignore Optimizations.
- Select MyBump from the list and tap on Allow.
The battery settings may be on a different menu on your specific phone model. If the above instructions don't work for you, you could try the following:
- Go to Phone Settings.
- Go to the Apps section.
- Select MyBump and select App Info.
- Tap on Battery.
- Make sure the Power-intensive prompt option is disabled.
- On the same page, switch Launch from Automatic to Manage Manually.
- Enable all the Manage Manually options.
Note: Newer Huawei smartphone users must note that there is a possibility that your phone may not support the MyBump app if it doesn’t have Google Play Store. The app might not work properly and you might not be able to track at all with your device. We are only supported on devices that have the official Google Play Store as of now.
If that doesn't work, please contact us and we'll get our IT personnel to have your GPS Tracker fixed.